Our Guidelines for Giving
The Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area Community Grants program is designed to establish strategic alliances with other nonprofit organizations that have the knowledge and infrastructure to extend our reach to children in the community. For an organization to be considered for a community grant, it must be a §501©(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area is most interested in supporting organizations that have:
- A specific program that directly benefits children between the ages of 0-21 years
- Consistent and effective management
- Clear goals and objectives
- A broad base of funding support
- A demonstrated ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a manner that yields measurable results
Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area does not fund:
- Advertising or fundraising drives
- Partisan, political or denominational programs
- Ongoing general and administrative costs
- Intermediary funding agencies
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Ongoing salaries
- Travel expenses
- Requests that are not in writing
- Organizations that have received funding from Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area less than one year prior to the organization’s current grant application
The following is a list of the counties served by RMHC NY Tri-State Area:
New York Counties: Bronx; Dutchess; Kings; Nassau; New York; Orange; Putnam; Queens; Richmond; Rockland; Suffolk; Sullivan; Ulster; Westchester.
New Jersey Counties: Bergen; Essex; Hudson; Hunterdon; Middlesex; Monmouth; Morris; Ocean; Passaic; Somerset; Sussex; Union; Warren.